The Saskatoon Food Bank & Learning Centre receives no core funding. We rely on the generosity of our community to operate. You can help by making a donation of food or funds.
We appreciate all food donations but we are most in need of nutritious non-perishable food items. Our most wanted items are:
- Infant formula
- whole grain pastas and cereals
- canned fruits and vegetables
- canned meats and beans
- 100% fruit juice
- hearty soups and stews
- gluten-free foods
Food donations can be taken to most grocery stores or directly to the Saskatoon Food Bank & Learning Centre at 202 Ave. C South.
We also appreciate donations of clothing, personal care and household items and toys. Non-food items can be brought to the Clothing Depot at 223 Ave. B South or to the Main Warehouse at 202 Ave. C South.
Donating to the Clothing Depot
When making a donation to the Clothing Depot, please ensure all items are clean and in good condition. If you are curious about which items are accepted at the Clothing Depot, please see below:
- Men's, women's, and children's clothing (this includes gently used undergarments)
- Shoes and boots
- Accessories: jewelry, purses, wallets, laptop bags, backpacks, hats, mitts, scarves, nylons, socks, underwear
- Other soft items: blankets, sheets, towels, pillows, table cloths
- Hardback and paperback books
- Records, cassette tapes, CDs, VHS, DVDs, Blu-Ray
- Kitchen items: pots, pans, bake ware, kitchen utensils, dishes, cutlery, glassware
- Children's items: small toys, games, puzzles, stuffed animals
- Misc: candles, small pictures/frames, baskets, ornaments, hand tools, knick-knacks
Due to storage and safety restrictions, we are unable to accept the following items:
- Furniture of any kind
- Electronics: computers, laptops, and computer monitors
- Appliances and microwaves
- Harmful materials: weapons, explosives, hazardous waste
- Construction Materials
- Automobile Parts
Donate a Car
Donate a Car Canada accepts donations on behalf of the Saskatoon Food Bank & Learning Centre. They provide free towing in most areas across Canada, or you can drop off your vehicle to maximize your donation. When you donate your car, truck, RV, boat, or motorcycle to Saskatoon Food Bank & Learning Centre through Donate A Car Canada, it will either be recycled or sold at auction (depending on its condition, age and location). Donate a Car Canada will look after all the details to make it easy for Saskatoon Food Bank & Learning Centre. After your vehicle donation is complete, we will send you a tax receipt.
Organizing a food drive is a great way to make a difference in our community while building teamwork, leadership and empathy.
Whether you're a businesses, school, service group, church or individuals, hosting a food drive is an excellent way to to build morale.
If you would like more information on hosting a food drive please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for supporting our community through the Saskatoon Food Bank & Learning Centre.