Healthy Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
Makes 12 | Prep Time: 10 Mins | Cook Time: 30 Mins
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened
- applesauce (or 1 egg and ¾ cup canola oil)
- ¾ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
You Will Need: 1 medium bowl, 1 larger bowl, mixing spoon, muffin tray. Muffin papers optional.
- Preheat oven to 375°C.
- In a medium bowl, combine the quick oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- In a larger bowl, combine the brown sugar, apple sauce. If you are using canola oil, cinnamon, and nutmeg, add them at this step. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, incorporating slowly.
- Fold the ingredients together gently. Then, gently fold in the blueberries. Avoid over-stirring, as this makes the muffins chewy.
- Use your fingers and some oil or margarine to grease the muffin tins, if not using papers.
- Use a spoon to put some batter into each muffin tin or paper. Fill them about 2/3 – 3/4 full.
- Bake the muffins for 25-30 minutes at 375°C.
Did you try enjoy this recipe? Let us know.