Thousands of Canadians face hunger every year and food banks across the country are unable to keep up with the demand. Especially in the summer months. This year, we’re facing hunger head on. In 2015, from May 2nd to the 8th, food banks across Canada will come together to participate in the Every Plate Full Food Drive with an inspiring goal: to fill the plates of every hungry Canadian this summer. Through the efforts of local food banks with the support of our national campaign, we are bringing Canada together to make a difference.
- 918,724 Canadians will access a food bank this summer.
- 37 percent of those Canadians are children.
- 26,548,725 meals are needed this summer.
- None of our neighbours should go hungry this summer.
- Help us fill every empty plate.
Visit http://everyplatefull.ca/ to find how you can become involved.