Cook Time: 2 hours
- 1 cup dry green lentils (or canned lentils)
- ½ chopped white onion
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic (or garlic powder)
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (or ketchup if preferred)
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup corn (canned or frozen)
1. Rinse off lentils and add them to a pot with 2 cups of water. Bring pot to a boil, then cover. Simmer for 35-40 minutes. Water should be all evaporated when done. Turn off heat, put the lid on, and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Cook onions and garlic in a small frying pan with ¼ cup water while lentils are cooking. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes or until water is completely evaporated.
3. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F, line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
4. Mash half the lentils with a fork. Add them to a large bowl with onion, garlic, and ¾ cup BBQ sauce. Stir together then add eggs and flour. Stir until it becomes thick and sticky. Lastly, stir in the corn.
5. Pour batter into loaf pan and spread the remaining BBQ sauce over the top evenly. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until firm. If it is mushy inside, it has not been cooked long enough.
6. Let sit for 20 minutes to cool. Enjoy!